Saturday, May 1, 2010

Time for Me

I've been forgetful lately. It's gotten so bad that I forgot to put my name on my test. You would think that with me having no kids and no job, school would be easier. That there wouldn't be as much on my mind. But there is. There's Alumni group and counseling and doctor appointments and housing stuff. I have to go get my credit report from this place that the FSS case manager told me to go to. I have to go to "Homebuyer's Club" once a month. We're having a special election on May 18th that I want to make sure to go to. Oh, and my friend's birthday is coming up on May 18th, too. I need to go buy her present.

Then there's school. We're having our final on Wednesday; I need to make sure I make flashcards and study for that. We have CPR/First Aid all next week. I don't have to do the CPR part, but I still have to participate in a group oral presentation on a first aid topic. Monday my group is doing CPR, so I get to take Monday off. Woohoo!! Wednesday we get all the books we'll need for the rest of our program. I have counseling on Wednesday--a 2-hour bus ride each way and I can't carry 5 or 6 heavy textbooks in my backpack all day. I told my teacher and she's going to let me take them home on Thursday. I think I might take one or two on Wednesday so I don't have so many to carry home on Thursday. Thursday is when we're doing our group oral presentations. Friday we'll have an open book quiz on CPR/First Aid and then we'll get our final grades and have a party. And oh, I have to remember to bring something to our potluck party. So at some point during the week I have to get to the store. But Friday is the last day of this sequence. Then I move on to my real pharmacy classes. Yay! And scary...

On top of all that I'm having emotional problems, as has been obvious from my previous posts.

And that, my friends, is why I'm forgetting everything. There's just too much to remember. I was telling one of my friends about my forgetfulness. She's a physician's assistant, so she's been through med school. She told me that forgetfulness means that it's time to take some time for me. Preferably a whole day, but a few hours will work too. I told her I've been trying to do my artwork with little success: I pick up a piece and then throw it back in the bag because I'm either frustrated or bored with it. I have been wanting to do some more batik, though, and when I told her that she asked if she could come over and do batik with me. So she's coming over tomorrow and we're going to hang out and do batik. I'm excited for that. It should be a nice relaxing time.

Yesterday, amid all the craziness that has been going on the past few weeks, I was finally able to deliver that Noah's Ark mobile I made. He gave me $25 for it, even though I only asked $20. Then a girl at the table behind me asked if I made that and asked if I could make her a small blue teddy bear for her sister's baby shower. Since I have Monday off I said, "Sure, why not." I already finished it and it's super cute. The picture doesn't really show off how cute it is, but it gives an idea.

No comments: