Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Finals Week - Sequence 1

Well, I took my Anatomy & Physiology final today. I only missed one question! And I ended up getting so many 100% grades that I got 100% in the class!

Sometimes I worry that I'll go through all this schooling, graduate, and I won't get a job. They'll place me in an externship, but I don't know that that'll be enough to get me in the door somewhere. So every so often I take a look online at the job postings for pharmacy tech. At first I didn't really see any, but tonight when I looked, there were quite a few. That gives me some hope. There were even some postings for non-certified pharmacy techs. A very very very small part of me wants to apply for a non-certified position just to get in the door. But a very very very large part of me realizes that it's not a very good idea to get ahead of myself and try to take on a new world all in one big bite.

In other news, I had counseling again today. I'm doing some great, amazing, awesome work in counseling and it's so hard. That's how I know it's good work--because it's hard. Today was a great session, but for the next two weeks my counselor is going to be gone. Sad.

Our session today was so deep and she asked how I'm going to be for the next couple weeks. I told her I'll be fine because I have the crisis line and Lindsey. Lindsey and I have gotten closer in the past few months. As I started opening up to my counselor, I also started opening up to Lindsey. I guess it's because I knew she'd be able to help me find resources if I need them. The added bonus is that if my emotions get too overwhelming, she knows what's going on.

On a happier note, I texted my former supervisor from Art Awakenings this afternoon. I told her about my awesome grades and she was so happy for me. She was practically ecstatic. It was a good feeling. I also emailed Eliza. It's been good for me to share my successes with people because there are many many many many many times I've been doubting myself and saying I can't do it. But I'm doing it. I'm doing it well.

Remember a while back when I mentioned a change happening? Well here it is.

No comments: