Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just Gotta Deal

I've been having "problems" again lately and I couldn't figure out why. My counselor has been out of town the past two weeks, but that's not what's bothering me. Of course, we were working on some tough stuff just before she left, but still...that wasn't it.

I just didn't know why memories were flooding me and my mind was going in so many directions that I was left in tears...more than once. I wanted to write but there were no words. There were only images in my head, both realistic and abstract. I drew a little. I drew the abstract images in my head. But when I lay down at night with so many feelings in my soul, I want to bring out my notebook and write in the comfort of my bed.

I pulled out my notebook last night, writing about the lack of words inside me. I started writing about the memories inside me. I wrote about the physical feelings welling up inside me. And that's when I realized what the problem was. On some unconscious level, my mind and body were responding to my impending gynecologist appointment tomorrow.

No comments: