Saturday, April 3, 2010

Week One - Done

I completed my first week of school! I've realized that, while I was busy before, now I'm busy + school. Week one was a little trickier because I had places to go after school almost every day. Monday was the only day I went straight home from school. This won't be typical (I hope). Tuesday I went to the blood bank and donated blood. Wednesday was my longest day because I had to take a two-hour bus trip to counseling after school and then a two-hour bus trip home after counseling. So I was gone from 7am until almost 5pm. Thursday I had the Art Awakenings Alumni group. The every-other-Thursday group is the only one I have committed to...and of course it landed on my first week of school. Yesterday I realized that my bus pass would expire in a few days, so I went to get that.

Everyone has been so excited to see me in my scrubs. My scrubs are navy blue with the Pima Medical Institute logo on the front. I also have a name badge I have to wear. I have to admit, it's pretty neat to be in those scrubs. I know the novelty will wear off after awhile. Especially since the scrubs are rather uncomfortable. The pants are especially uncomfortable because they are drawstring pants and they are far too long.

Even though the homework load is immense, I've been able to keep up with it so far. In fact, I often get ahead and get bored in class while everyone else is still working on their homework.

In summary: So far, so good.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Beth, this is so awesome, so proud of you! Something I really liked from conference was the admonition to "act and not be acted upon" You are setting your course and making it happen, you are in the 'act' and not wait for life to happen for you. BRAVA mia amica, brava!