Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Noah's Ark

I went to the First Friday art walk a couple months ago, selling my crocheted items. I had a bunch of stuffed animals, a birdie mobile, a butterfly mobile, some crocheted bags and a bunch of charm necklaces. That was the night I made $131. The mobiles were the first to go. One of the staff members from Art Awakenings bought both of them. A guy saw the mobiles and asked if I could make him one with a Noah's Ark theme. I really didn't want to do it, but I'm such a pushover that I said I would.

A couple months later, I finally finished it and I have to say, I'm impressed. I formed the top of the mobile to look like clouds. The hanging part was made to look like a rainbow. He wanted five animals: a lion, an elephant, a hippo, a giraffe and a monkey. I got hung up on the monkey because my pattern was super difficult and it was not working out for me. I found another pattern online and altered it to work for me.

I'm delivering it on Friday. Unfortunately I forgot to quote the base price of the mobile, so I'm selling it for $15. I would have rather gotten at least $20 for it, but it's no biggie. I didn't finish it in the time I quoted him, so I guess it evens out.

No comments: