I've gotten some birthday wishes and a couple of birthday presents so far. Sadly, I don't have many friends so birthday celebrating is pretty limited. A girl at school asked if I wanted free passes to the place she works. She works at a cabaret. No thanks. She stressed that they're "only" topless. Still, no thanks. The scary thing is she wasn't joking around.
My very best present came last night and it was in the form of an email. It was from my former independent living worker. When she quit seeing me, we couldn't hang out for two years. Today marks the two-year date. I wasn't sure if she'd remember, but I also didn't want to push the subject in case she didn't want to hang out with me. The email I got wished me happy birthday and asked if I wanted to hang out! I was so excited for that, especially since I may have lost my only other nearby friend.
Tonight my family and I are going out to dinner, then tomorrow my mom and I are going to celebrate her birthday (and still a little bit my birthday). I'm excited to see my family. I love my family and I love spending time with them.
Happy Birthday to Me. And hey--this year I'm not depressed on my birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment