It seems that every week when I go into counseling, we don't really get to the heart of anything until about 15 minutes before it's time to leave. I want to open up...kind of. I want to get these things out of my head. But it takes me some time to get around to what I really want to talk about and by then it's almost time to go. This week was no different. So at the end of the session I told her, "I want to tell you something, but I can't say it out loud, so I'm going to write it down and I want you to read it. I will bring it next week, but I need you to ask me about it because I'm so nervous to talk about it that I won't bring it up unless you ask me about it." I was glad I told her exactly what I needed from her, and I'm sure she was glad that I felt free enough to tell her what I needed.
But now I'm scared for next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment