Saturday, February 3, 2007
Empathy
How do I show more empathy for others? Sometimes I'm so self-centered that I can't see past my own little circle of muck. How do I change this behavior? How do I start to show empathy for people. I really do care. I see everyone else and it seems like they're better than me. Inherently better. And I guess I assume that because they're better than me they don't have to struggle like I do. But logically I know that everyone has struggles. I just don't take the time to know what they are. What can I do to be more empathetic to other people? My empathy crosses the spectrum from "I don't know how other people are doing" to "I would do anything for anyone at any time." I need to find that middle ground of I would do a lot for someone I know is struggling when they need me. I just don't know how to get there. And I think I've known for some time that I'm selfish in that aspect, I just haven't fully admitted it to myself. I've tried to do better but I don't think I've quite got it yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment