Thursday, February 22, 2007
Drop it Like it's Pluto
I didn't mean to drop the class. I was overwhelmed by this project. So overwhelmed I couldn't sleep more than two fitful hours. Two fitful hours of dreaming about this project. I woke up crying. But I didn't want to drop the class. I just needed some help to figure out how to not stress out so much over the project. So I looked up the counseling center at school and got an appointment to go in and see a counselor. I went in after class. She suggested that I have special education needs. That perhaps if I get in with the disability office they can help me get accomodations. I thought that sounded good. But, she said, it's a long process. In the meantime, she suggested I drop the class and add her class instead. That sounded like an okay idea. It would mean I'd probably keep my financial aid. So we went to drop that class and add the other. But because it wasn't in the same department, I was going to have to pay $130 out-of-pocket. Well I obviously can't afford to pay that. So I had to drop that class. Then they said I'd have to pay the $130 anyway because it was past the refund period. Great. Luckily the counselor got that fixed. After all, it was her idea in the first place. But the problem then was that I couldn't undo the withdrawl from my other class. So I dropped my class without really wanting to. In some ways I feel a little relieved that I don't have to stress out over the projects and homework in that class. But in other ways I feel like I'm just never going to be able to finish my degree. I dropped a class last semester and because of that I'll most likely lose my financial aid. And if I can't handle two classes, what's wrong with me? I obviously can't take the stress of school. I can't even come up with a major! So I think I might quit school. At least for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment