Yesterday I spent an hour pouring my guts out into my journal. Every thought that popped into my head went on those pieces of paper. I did the same thing on Wednesday before bed. In total I have 5.5 pages of writing. Not bad.
Last Saturday I made one of my favorite pieces of "angry art." It incorporated chalk pastels, paint, marker and an x-acto knife. I drew an abstract picture with the markers and chalk pastels, flicked red paint on it and decided to put it in my journal. I then flicked red paint on my journal, pasted the picture in and made numerous cuts around the pasted-in picture with the x-acto knife. It was PERFECT. I absolutely loved it. I took it in to counseling this week and showed my counselor. She really liked it, too.
Today I made another angry art piece. But this one was big. I felt like drawing big. I bought a piece of poster board (they were out of white, so I bought black) and tacked it up to my wall. I used chalk pastels again and drew some abstract shapes and colors, then painted random red lines all over the picture. I don't like it as much as the one from last week, but I had the urge to work big.
In my spare time, between angry art and journaling, I've been crocheting. This week it's been snowflakes. I finished up my bookmarks and they're ready to take and sell at the First Friday art walk next Friday. The snowflakes take FOREVER to make and they're very complicated and sometimes frustrating. I'm not going to sell those, but I am going to give them away for holiday presents. I already gave some to my pharmacy. My friend expressed her interest in having some, though she hasn't seen them yet. I'll probably give one to my mom and I think I'm going to attach one onto a piece of cardstock and make a card for my case manager. I think I may have lost most of my wind to be making snowflakes. I've made 16 of them. I have pictures of 11. I also took a picture of my bookmarks, all lined up. I opted to focus my bookmarks on flowers, even though the other things I made were cute. I have 25 flower bookmarks and maybe 10 butterfly ones (not pictured).
So what's next, now that I'm getting burned out on crochet? Well, I pulled out the batik materials a few minutes ago...
No comments:
Post a Comment