Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

I guess that's what it is..."the first day of the rest of my life." Or maybe it's more like, "the first day of the next phase of my life." That doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely, but it seems more fitting.

I spent most of my day sitting around the house. Super exciting, I know.

I started out my morning at 6:30am. I've been trying to wake up at 6:30 every morning, just to see if I can do it. If/when I decide to go to school, I'll have to get up that early every morning. I'm certainly not a morning person anymore, so it's a lot more difficult than it used to be. I took my shower, I fed the cats, I wrote an email, I ate some breakfast. I needed to pick up one of my medications, so I figured I'd leave first thing this morning in order to keep myself from going back to sleep after all that. They opened a new Walmart across the street from my pharmacy, which is convenient (in some ways--they don't have most of the stuff I go to Walmart for). I stopped in there and got a couple things and then walked back home. It was about an hour and a half-long trip. The weather is absolutely gorgeous right now; the high today was 76. Perfect day for a nice long walk. The rest of the day I stayed home. I took a couple of naps, worked on some crocheting, watched tv. Pretty boring.

But this isn't "the rest of my life" or "the next phase of my life" yet. This is a time of transition. This is a time to take care of me and prepare myself for what comes next. Sure, it's a boring time. And no, all of my days aren't going to be like this. In fact, the rest of my week looks a little busier.

Just before I left yesterday, Tina stopped in for a moment to sign some of the paperwork. She suggested I come in on Friday during the potluck so everyone can celebrate my "graduation" and say goodbye to me. I'm excited for that. They're getting me cheesecake.

No comments: