It's holiday time again. I don't really mind the holidays themselves...I mind the screwing-up of my schedule that takes place during the holidays. And I think New Year's Eve/Day should not be a holiday. Who was the genius that decided Christmas and New Year's should be 7 days apart? And for that matter, why are all these holidays so close together? And why does Thanksgiving have to be on a Thursday instead of a Friday? That just makes it make sense to take Friday off, too. I don't like that one bit. Oh, I'm sure it works out well for some, but not for me. No, for me it means that for four days I'm left to my own devices, alone at home. Granted, I'll be spending a lot of time with my family this Thanksgiving. But I still wish it was only three days instead of four. I could be spending that time at my beloved Art Awakenings.
Stupid holidays...

No comments:
Post a Comment