Saturday, November 22, 2008

Something Good

Sometimes I get so caught up in my emotions that I forget to focus on something good. It's a transitional time for me right now. I talked to my doctor about the medication situation. Since I couldn't get the medication the hospital gave me, I needed something different. Going back on my old regimen seemed like a stupid idea. That would just put me back in the same boat...the one that was sinking. The doctor started out with the same story: I've tried all the mood stabilizers that are covered. There's nothing else to try. Okay, I told him, what about changing one of the other ones. Oh...oh right, we can do that. And so I'm on another new medication. So far I'm feeling good, but not super-good. It's an okay place to be in. Now for my something good: one of the very best side effects (for me) of this medication is the decreased appetite and decreased hunger. After being on a medication that made me SUPER HUNGRY all the time, it's a nice change. And since I just got taken off the appetite-enhancing medication, it's even better. I'm not so hungry all the time. And I'm not binge-eating anymore. It's a great feeling, losing weight without having to obsess over every little thing that goes into my mouth. And even after losing all that weight, I began to lose my battle with binge-eating again. I feel that I'm eating like a normal person and that feels good.

No comments: