Friday, August 8, 2008

An Idea Revisited

Yesterday I was looking through my "clay book"--the photo album of clay things I've made--and I saw the four tiny charms I'd made long ago. I thought I'd try my hand at making more charms. I started out with a turtle. I did tiny turtles for a friend once, so I knew I could do that. I moved on to a frog, a cat, and a teddy bear. I came home and made a pig, a giraffe, and an elephant. I went to Art Awakenings this morning and made a whale, a mouse, a ladybug, a bumblebee, a leopard, a moose, a zebra, a duck, a dolphin, a polar bear, a cow, a monkey, and a horse. I was busy today. They range in size from half an inch to an inch. They're teeny-tiny. And they're a hit! I'm selling them for 50 cents. I'd say they take 5-10 cents worth of clay, and they only take me a few minutes to make. I have 30 of them and almost all of them are sold already.

No comments: