Thursday, the 17th was my birthday. It's a big birthday for me. I was excited to turn 25. And I got to see my caseworker! It was so good to see her again. To be with her and reminisce. To show her my weight loss and to give her that poem. She loved the poem. I think I saw a tiny tear as she read it. Saying goodbye to her was a major letdown. I'm still a little depressed from that.
I went out for breakfast on my birthday. I got a call from my mom. I got a call from my brother yesterday (he mixed up my birthday with my mom's--hers was yesterday). I went to the store and bought myself a new dress. It's very cute and nothing like what I usually wear. Today I will see my good friend Rose and tomorrow I will see my mom.
I finished the babies for my show. In total, there are nine babies: four boys and five girls. The babies are in my photo gallery at http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/that-one-girl-83/ Not all of those babies made the cut. The ones that will be in my show are Braxton, Vienna, Sky, Natalia, Violet, Keegan, Makenna, Gabriel, and Dominic. I will take pictures of the display when it goes up.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy belated brithday greetings my dear!
I loved being 25, it was the best time in my life. I was fit, young and oh so sexy lol. Love it, embrace it, relish it... its the greatest age of all time. Turning 30 was pretty darn good too. As was turning 40! lol
A new dress should be your new tradition! What a fabulous idea, I might do the same.
I love your babies, they are so life like and beautiful.
hugs.
Thanks! I think you're right--a birthday dress is a good tradition to start. And thanks for the compliments on my babies. A lady at another of the Art Awakenings studios was asking about buying one and I told her they're not for sale. She said, "You mean you're just going to show them off and taunt people with the fact that they can't have them?" Yep, that's exactly what I'm going to do...haha. She wants Vienna and I told her I might make her one similar as a commissioned piece. I guess the biggest reason I don't want to sell them is that they're hard to reproduce. Plus I really like them and want to keep them ;)
I bet they do take a long time to make. ANd I can totally see why you would want to keep them all, I would be exactly the same. But what huge compliment from her though.
But since you love them so much you could totally see that others do too, right? lol
They are adorable! If I ever have another baby, which I probably wont, but if I do, I am sooooo go to commission you to make another set for a mobile lol I have Mac's animals safely stored away now, since he isnt into mobiles anymore and he is too rough to play with them lol.
Got a photo of you in your birthday dress?
I do, in fact, have a pic of me in my birthday dress. How about if I email it to you?
Post a Comment