At times I long for a child of my own. I yearn for someone to lavish my attentions and affections on. I know that being a mother isn't easy. I know that children are frustrating and tiresome. But still my maternal side comes through and I want a child of my own. I try to remind myself of the life that I've made for myself and the things I have the freedom because I don't have a child. And still I ache for a child. The call to motherhood is stronger on some days than others. Today, it's not as strong as it was yesterday. Overall I'm happy with my life. But is there truly something missing?
I am an artist. My talent shines through my work, no matter how unhappy I am with it. There's always a little something wrong. Always something I forgot to do. And by the time I see it, it's too late to fix the mistake. So I take my clay and I try again. And this is what I came up with today:

I am an artist. My talent shines through my work, no matter how unhappy I am with it. There's always a little something wrong. Always something I forgot to do. And by the time I see it, it's too late to fix the mistake. So I take my clay and I try again. And this is what I came up with today:
I've named her Sky.
4 comments:
Oh Beth, Sky is beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. I hope that one day she will be real, and in your arms...but with a daddy beside you too lol.
You are so very very talented, well done!
Thank you so much! I'm going to have a show, probably next month, at the First Friday artwalk in downtown Phoenix. If you want to see my other babies, you can see them at http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/that-one-girl-83/
absolutely gorgeous! I am excited for you with the upcoming show. They are just gorgeous, and so life like.
Excellent.
I can't wait for the show! I already have stuff to display them with. Each one even has a little name tag. I'll take pics when the display goes up. :)
Post a Comment