Friday, December 10, 2010

A Long Time

It's been a long time, I know. I haven't updated in such a long time because...well, my little life didn't seem to be worth the time to write about.

I had struggles. I always do.

I got over them. I always do.

I look forward to tomorrow. Tomorrow is a day of revelry, a time to celebrate the day I've been looking forward to since 29 March 2010: graduation. I doubt that I will ever forget the hours I spent trudging through the program, dragging one foot forward at a time in the hopes that I would make it to this day. And I will never forget that I wanted to quit every single day, all the way from day one. Why did I even do this? I'd ask myself. I still ask myself why I did it. Oh don't get me wrong, I don't regret it one bit. I'm so super proud of my accomplishment. But I have to wonder why I even started if I wanted to quit from the first day. I know the superficial answers to that question: I didn't want to go into that much debt for nothing and I didn't want to call my mom and tell her I couldn't do it and that I quit. So I dragged along.

Even through my externship I wanted to quit. I think the only day I didn't want to quit was on the last day. You know what, though? I got rave reviews from the pharmacist in charge. I made friends at my extern site and even gave my phone number to a couple of people. I gained so much confidence in my abilities while I was there.

I decided to take a couple weeks off to regroup and then start looking for a job around the beginning of the year. I breathed a huge sigh of relief yesterday after my exit interview was over and I knew that the only thing I have left to do is attend my graduation ceremony on 13 January 2011. Today was my first "day off." I went to the grocery store three times. Yes, three times. I was that bored. On my walk home the third time I realized that I've finally reached that place in the realm of normalcy where one has a need to work, even if only to stave off boredom. I can't wait to get a part-time job and have something to do with some extra income to go with it. So what did I do? I applied online at Target and Walgreens.

I'm all grown up now :)

No comments: