He's kind and sweet and gentle and loving. But the best part is that he likes me. And I like him. He's a bit older than me, but not "too old" for me. I've dated a lot of guys. But I never really fell in love until the last guy I dated. He's gone now and I've moved on...to a new guy.
My entire adult life I've maintained that I don't want to get married and have a family. I've always thought of myself as a solitary, independent person. I never understood the concept of falling in love and wanting to be with someone.
Now that I'm there, I realize that the problem wasn't that I didn't want anyone. It was that I didn't feel I deserved anyone. I never thought I'd be "good enough" for anyone. Now I have someone who wants nothing more than to make me happy and it boggles my mind. But I like it.
I've been fantasizing about what it would be like to be married and have a family. It's in my mind now, the desire has penetrated my heart.
Now I'm REALLY a grown-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment