Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Minor Irritations?

I spent a week trying to get in contact with my case manager. A week. It was quite irritating, playing phone tag. But today I finally got to talk to her, which was so helpful. We had a long talk about some of the things I need from her and some of the things I need to do for myself. I generally like to tell someone what I need to do so that I'm accountable to actually get it done. I especially hate making phone calls, which is what I'm going to have to do tomorrow. Yuck.

I've been working with this case manager for about four and a half years. I've grown to trust her in a way that I don't trust many people. Because of that, she has a better understanding of the services and treatments I need to improve my well-being. We talked about such things today and she promised to do some investigating on possible options. I'm so so so grateful to have her as a case manager. She has done so much for me and continues to be a stable part of my life.

I anticipate problems in the next few days. Now generally, when people say that, it makes them find a way to make problems. For me, for now, this is not the case. I just ran out of one of my medications again. Once again, I phoned in the refill request. My pharmacy has faxed the doctor. Once again, he has failed to provide me with my medication. When I called my pharmacy to find that out today, I was livid. All I could say was, "I'm so sick of this crap!" I had just talked to my case manager and assumed that the refill was ready for me to be picked up on my way home. Assumption = bad. Now I have to decide how persistent I'm willing to be to get this taken care of AGAIN. I'm too exhausted to deal with this crap. Plus, as I told myself earlier, the medications obviously aren't working anyway...

On that note, I realized I didn't post a picture of the batik I did the other night. I really like how it turned out. Every time I see it on my wall, I feel a little bit of awe. Something about the mix of the curves and the contrasts from bright to dark and how vivid the coloring turned out just makes me smile.

2 comments:

Gail said...

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!! its gorgeous, well done.

You need to be as persistent as it takes to get the job done. keep you head up :)

Beth said...

Thank you! I love it too! If I had a good way to keep it from getting wrinkled, I'd send it to you as a nice little gift for your home.