Saturday, December 12, 2009

Merry Early Christmas

Today I have plenty of good newses. It was a good day--a calm, happy, good day.

First off I must say that yesterday while I was working I somehow managed to throw my back out. It didn't happen suddenly, like it did last time. It started out as a dull ache and within an hour I was in quite a lot of pain. By the time I headed home, I wasn't walking so well. I woke up thinking, "Hey my back seems better today." Then I tried to sit up. Nope. Sitting was a problem. Standing was difficult. Walking was nearly impossible.

My parents called me this afternoon. They were ready to bring me my Christmas present! And what was my present? It was exactly what I asked for--a security door for my apartment. I was so excited and so happy and still in a lot of pain.

Saturday is my grocery shopping day and I was out of food. I asked my parents if they could take me to the grocery store, as walking there was not an option this afternoon. They took me and my mom even helped me get things that were too low for me to bend to. What a nice afternoon.

I came home and spent the evening with a heat pack to my back. Did some crocheting, watched tv, generally took it easy. Now, at 11:45pm, I can feel that my back is at 90%. That makes me smile. My new door makes me smile. And I got another Christmas present yesterday that makes me smile: a round-trip shuttle ticket to Flagstaff to play in the snow.

Happy times.

1 comment:

Gail said...

awww I would love to play in the snow with you at flagstaff, that would be cool.

ANd YAY to a good day! Im glad your parents helped you out! That's what parents are supposed to do! :)

Blessing to you my friend, and merry Christmas!