Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's Official

My official hire date for PSA Art Awakenings was February 27, 2009. Yay! Now I'm an employee and not just an "independent contractor." I've done CPR and first aid training. I attended my first all-staff meeting. I did an HR orientation. I have more orientation and training to do coming up. It's all so exciting for me. My only other "real" job was in retail. I liked it--I'm good at customer service. But this is totally different. I'm part of a behavioral health agency. I'm only working part time now, but eventually I'd like to get myself up to a full-time job there. I'm at Art Awakenings every hour it's open already; I might as well work there full-time, right? However, I'm not quite ready for that yet. I still have some things to work on in counseling. I still have to get myself healthy enough to retain a full-time job. But I am on my way.

It's nice to have goals.

No comments: