Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another First

On December 4th I got the opportunity to attend my very first company Christmas party. I bought a new outfit and shoes, as I had absolutely nothing dressy enough. My dresses are summer dresses and my skirt is denim. I bought myself a classy little black skirt. It's one of those with a sheer material over the top of it. I found a nice black and white printed top and a pair of heels to go with my cute new skirt. Eliza did my hair for me and I looked great!

I had mixed feelings about going to the party. On one hand, it was my first opportunity to go to a company Christmas party. On the other hand, I get quite distressed in crowds. I worried that I'd get overwhelmed and over-stimulated by all the commotion. But I was excited to see this new world of Christmas parties and I felt honored to be invited. After all, I'm just a measly client helping out. Sure, I get paid, but I don't feel like a real employee.

The party was awesome! I got to see all the people I know and work with in such a different light. They weren't "staff" anymore, they were just people like me. It got loud at one point...I had to leave the room for a few minutes. But I was there with Eliza and our other studio staff member. We had great fun, just the three of us. The best part of the night was taking the cameras on the table and blinding each other with the flashes. We also took the opportunity to blind everyone we knew who walked by. Dinner was pretty nice and awards were given out. Music played (too loud for me) and there was much mingling. I was surprised by how many people I knew at the party. I was even more surprised that I didn't have a bad reaction. In fact, I was much happier after the party than I had been all that day. It was so wonderful.

1 comment:

Gail said...

how fun!!!! brava!!!