The rain finally slowed down. I stepped outside to see the damage. This is the view of the curb in front of my apartment complex.
This is a view of the other side. Underneath all the water is a hidden sidewalk. If you can't tell where it's supposed to be...those bars are the "fence" between the sidewalk and the yard.
This is the street corner. All that water is actually trying to get into the one small storm drain on our block. This city wasn't built for heavy rain.
I'm not a pigeon lover by any means, but this little guy looked like he didn't fare too well during that storm. He was so drenched he could only fly high enough to get into a low nook in this tree. I felt kind of bad for him.
After I took all these pictures I watched the news to see what else was out there, beyond my yard. The freeway was flooded and literally hundreds of people were stranded, stuck watching the estimated 3 feet of water flowing across the freeway. In the Phoenix-metro area, my city got the brunt of this storm. Most of it was pretty awesome, but there was a good half hour when I was worried the water would seep into my apartment--it made it to an inch and a half, but not quite the two and a half inches needed to get in. Nearly two hours after the storm hit, the water out my front door has soaked into the once parched soil and, aside from the roads still being flooded, everything is basically back to normal. I love monsoons!
2 comments:
holy cow!!! look at all that water.
Im glad you are okay though!
It was the coolest storm I've seen in a long time. I'm glad I thought to take pictures!
Post a Comment