Many changes are in the works with Art Awakenings. First, they are starting a children's after school program in our studio. We will be sharing a studio with children, which means our hours will be cut by about four hours a week. Eventually we will get three of those hours back. Second, we are on our way to a new studio. The new studio will be much further from me, which is a bit of a disappointment. However, I hear the new studio is quite a bit larger, with two walls of windows. With a larger studio will come a larger group of artists. So there really won't be more individual space. In other news, our temporary art therapist at Art Awakenings has become permanent. I couldn't be happier! She's an amazing lady and works well with everyone. As a group we are certainly excited for her to take over. It softens the blow we took when we heard of our hours being cut.
School is increasingly stressful, but I continue to do well. I am considering taking a semester off. My counselor thinks I don't need a semester off, but she did suggest taking online courses next semester. I believe taking a semester off would give me the emotional strength to finish my last two required courses. I can't even find any courses I'm interested in taking next semester.
I am keeping up with my weight loss, though it has its ups and downs (quite literally). My weight loss journey is in its 18th month and I have lost 124 pounds. As for my diabetes, I decided to quit the insulin and monitor my blood sugar more closely. So far my blood sugar has remained in the healthy levels, sometimes dipping too low. If this continues, I may also need to reduce my other diabetic medication. I have not talked to my doctor about this, but I plan to tell her when I go in to get a new prescription for my Metformin (diabetic medication). That is about a month and a half away. By then I will have over two months of blood sugar levels, hopefully still in the healthy range.
All in all, this is an exciting time of change and progression.
2 comments:
124 POUNDS!!!! What an incredible accomplishment that is. Well done.
Im pleased to read that you are feeling a little more upbeat, or at least you sound a little more upbeat these days! Keep up the good work.
much love -g
Thank you, thank you. I am feeling more upbeat lately. I'm writing lots of silly poems and having lots of fun. I think I'm on my way up on the rollercoaster. Doing a lot of good stuff lately. I've even been writing silly poems--something I just started in the last year and can only do when I'm in a really good place.
Post a Comment