I've discovered a new talent--crocheting blankets. Using a ripple pattern, I've made two crib-size baby afghans.
With the afghans turning out so large, I realized I could use different colors and different yarns to make throw-sized afghans. I'm working on a beautiful cotton-blend afghan for my friend. She commissioned this afghan and provided me the yarn. She also wants to pay me for my time. As a surprise, I am going to buy the rest of the yarn and give the blanket to her for her birthday.
And so life as an artist continues.
3 comments:
GORGEOUS!!! they are so gorgeous, who much would you charge for a throw sized one?
Sorry about your back, ice for the swelling, warmth for the healing. ibprofen for the anti - the inflam. lol You know the deal.
you do such great work my dear.
Thanks! I was thinking about $40 for a throw, depending on what kind of yarn I use. I have a couple more I'm working on right now for people. I'll take some pics of those when I'm done.
sounds fab, thanks. I will look forward to the new pics.
Post a Comment